When a patient has several symptoms of sleep apnea, including loud snoring, we recommend a screening to determine your risk , and give you the opportunity to get tested. If a sleep physician recommends an oral appliance, we will make sure our team produces a comfortable and well-fitted appliance to help you sleep soundly.
Are You At Risk for Sleep Apnea?
Some people have a greater risk of developing sleep apnea than others, if one or more of the risk factors below apply to you, we will help you with the testing process:
- Age 40 or over.
- Excess weight that affects the muscles in your throat and neck.
- Smoking, which causes inflammation.
- Drinking alcohol, which relaxes the throat muscles.
- A narrow airway caused by enlarged tonsils or adenoids.
- Males are at a higher risk than females.
- Severe sinus congestion.
- Family history of sleep apnea or other sleeping disorders.
Regardless of how many risk factors you have, our team is ready to help you sleep well and feel better.
Symptoms of Sleep Apnea
Our patients with sleep apnea often have one or more symptoms and side effects caused by the lack of sleep and incomplete REM cycles. Symptoms of sleep apnea include:
- Low energy and extreme fatigue.
- Loud snoring.
- Waking up due to a sudden cough or choking feeling.
- Chronic headaches.
- Difficulty focusing and loss in memory.
- Sleeping too lightly and restlessly.
- Mood swings.
Waking up several times throughout the night can really affect your waking hours. We don’t want anyone to suffer from the symptoms of sleep apnea, which is why we provide oral devices to help patients with obstructive sleep apnea.
Give Us a Call Today!
To find out how to get a complete exam and diagnosis, call Dr. Cluff today to schedule an appointment. We want you to feel better, so you can get back to keeping up with your busy schedule!